Saffire Mix Control 3.9 (Mac)
This will be the last software release for the Saffire range as they are now discontinued, please see this article from our Help Centre.
• macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
• macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
• macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
• macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
macOS 10.12 or later is required to run Saffire Mix Control 3.9. This version will not install on macOS 10.11 or older.
• Saffire Mix Control is now a 64-bit application
• Updates Saffire Pro40 firmware to r742. Fixes no audio from second Pro40 sync slave on dual mode (also available in previous 3.8b1 beta)
• Updates driver to r2991. Fixes issue where DAW channels 17-20 were not present on a Saffire Pro40 (also available in previous 3.8b1 beta).
Saffire Mix Control 3.7
Includes a fix for Saffire interfaces that would not retain their Sync Source in standalone mode.
Includes a fix for OS X users seeing the "No Hardware Connected" message and experiencing disconnects on account of there being 2 drivers installed (after the 3.5/3.6 upgrade).
Includes a fix to keep Saffire Mix Control running after new firmware is deployed to the Saffire interface.
Mac: Saffire MixControl 3.7
Windows: Saffire MixControl 3.7
Dual unit mode user guide
Saffire Dual Unit Guide EN
Saffire Dual Unit Guide FR
Saffire Dual Unit Guide DE
RTAS Mix Control 1.0
RTAS MixControl 1.0
- Saffire MixControl 2.4 or later installed
- Pro Tools 9 installed
Note that multiple Saffires are not supported at the moment. Please consult the RTAS MC User Guide for further information.
- Not loading between tracking and playback snapshot under certain conditions in some systems (Windows only)
Apple Mac: RTAS MixControl-1.0.dmg (1.0)
Windows: RTAS MixControl-1.0.exe (1.0)
Digital Conversion - The Focusrite Approach
Standalone Mode User Guide
User guide explaining standalone mode operation for the Saffire interfaces. Please note that Saffire MixControl v1.7 or above is required for standalone operation.
Saffire PRO 24 User Guide
Saffire Pro 24 - ENG
Saffire Pro 24 - FR
Saffire Pro 24 - ESP
Saffire Pro 24 - JP
Saffire Pro 24 - DE
FireWire safety when plugging and unplugging devices
This article explains the steps necessary to safely plug in and unplug your FireWire devices without causing damage to the device or your computer.