RedNet Control 1.8 Release Notes
Note: See 'RedNet Control 1.8 Download' section (below) for operating system compatibility.
New Features in RedNet Control 1.8
- RedNet AM2 Support
- Improved Stability and Responsiveness
- Improved Network Discovery and Device Identification
- Improved MIDI Message Handling
- Improved Responsiveness and Reliability of RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R Preamp Control
- Multiple instances of RedNet Control will now stay in sync with gain changes made on other software
- Global Save and Recall Presets for RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R
- PCIe Driver and Firmware Update
- Driver Version:
- Mac: 184.108.40.206
- Windows: 220.127.116.11
- Firmware Version: 18.104.22.168
- 176.4kHz addition
- Static IP addition
RedNet Control 1.8 Download
- RedNet Control 1.8 Supports:
- OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) ONLY
- RedNet AM2: When changing attenuation levels in software, please remove headphones and turn the headphone level down.
- The RedNet PCIe driver is only compatible with the latest firmware.
- It is important to note that installing new firmware on to any RedNet Unit can take some time, please DO NOT turn the unit off or interrupt the firmware installation - Units will be unresponsive during this process.
- During firmware updates, DO NOT add or remove devices on your Dante network.
- RedNet AM2: When a signal is present on Channel 2 and not on Channel 1, RedNet Control will not show signal metering on Channel 2.
- Mac Only: RedNet Control cannot do two consecutive firmware updates. After the first run of firmware updates, please shut down RedNet Control and reopen to upgrade firmware on second wave of units.
- Defaults message from Pro Tools does not clear linked channels on RedNet 4.
- It's possible for RedNet Control GUI to display values of 1–7dB for RedNet 4 when controlled via SysEx. The gain on the unit will still be 0dB or 8dB.
- During installation, a dialog can appear from Audinate's "Dante Control and Monitoring Installer" about firewall settings on Windows 8. Please manually confirm your firewall settings allow Dante Control & Monitoring through the firewall.
- When renaming a unit in Dante Controller, RedNet Control will not show this until it has been rebooted.
- Windows Only: Long device & channel names in RedNet Control will overflow the text boxes.
- Windows Only: MIDI settings will only be stored between sessions if running with elevated privileges.